Re: Re: Cobbler reposync cron script

Robin Bowes wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:
Matt Hyclak wrote:
cobbler stops processing the remaining repos if it hits an error in one, so doing them one at a time allows the others to complete.

That's something we can do in the code later, no doubt. Until then, this does the job. The great thing is it doesn't really matter if it's Python or shell as long as it works :)

I'll see about adding a --retries to reposync in the future. I believe there is already an RFE for a flag to skip the ones that
fail without blocking the rest.

I think that should be the default - report if a repo fails, but keep going.

In a similar vein to Sandor, I would think that something like the following would suffice in most cases:

for repo in `cobbler repo list`
do
    cobbler reposync --only=${repo} > /dev/null
done

I'd actually like to see much less output. For example, only reporting if any RPMS were downloaded or removed.

R.

Sounds reasonable.

As far as much less output goes, and the failure handling options, this is a fairly easy patch to make if someone wants to take a crack at it. Otherwise, it's another item on the big list of great requests :)

Hop on #cobbler and I'll even provide help.

--Michael