Re: Re: So what do all those things in /var/lib/cobbler/settings do?

Robin Bowes wrote:
Michael DeHaan wrote:

And yes, I'll finally be moving this to /etc/cobbler/settings too.

I think there will be a friendly error message if you still have a copy in /var/lib from a upgrade which you'll have to resolve, but that will be a one time deal.

Michael,

I would leave it in /var/lib/cobbler. Symlink to /etc/cobbler if you must.

It's been moved.

IMHO, web-based programs like cobbler shouldn't be writing into /etc

/var/lib is the right place.

Nope, it's not the right place for a settings file. Cobbler hasn't written to /var/lib/cobbler/settings since we started packaging it in the RPM (and marked it as "config(noreplace)". It's read by the same loaders that read the other state files, but not written by them.
R.