Re: AW: koan-installation hangs

Tim.Einmahl@xxxxxx wrote:
Hi,

the problem was a firewall rule.Silly me :)

But thanks for mentioning the --autonet feature, it is very useful !

I was able to install RHEL4-xen with koan successfully.

But at the moment I have a problem installing RHEL3 with koan.
The CPU supports hardware virtualization, so shouldn' t I use
koan -T xenfv ??

I believe we recently indentified a bug that leaves xenfv support broken (it appears to be installing paravirt with those args), which I plan to address in the next release.

What is intended to happen is that it will kick off a PXE request and ideally you will have Cobbler set up to manage PXE for the system/mac you generate. If not, it works like a regular menu based install.

I'll chase this and verify this is working again in the development branch this week.

--Michael

If I run this, then I get libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err "Error creating domain: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found\\n')")
virDomainCreateLinux() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err "Error creating domain: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found\\n')")

Kind Regards

Tim