Re: Cobbler, findks.cgi, registration, and so forth

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
	Hi
	This auto-registration feature seems not to work if using koan to
replace a machine, as it relies on MAC and:

Correct, it pre-downloads the kickstart. This was why I mentioned possibly having an option not to embed the kickstart earlier, though /that/ wouldn't work if you rely on koan embedding the kickstart for DHCP reasons.

	koan -r downloads the file using wget to store it, so no mac info
sent, machine would be correctly deployed, but no ks request will be made
by anaconda, so no autoregistration.

	wget in kickstart profile, also, doesn't send mac, so this will
not register the machine.
Indeed. It needs to make that request on the kernel options line so Anaconda adds that info. As I mentioned earlier today, this is all in progress, stay tuned and check back around Wednesday :)