Re: Cobbler, findks.cgi, registration, and so forth

this would be very helpful indeed.
although i suspect having to manually select your install via a menu can get painful when lighting up a bunch of blade systems - if i read this correctly. we've been kicking around the idea of polling MAC addresses from our edge switches then having some glue code enter those addy's into cobbler and assign them a specific profile (we usually find ourselves putting all of our render nodes for example on their own edge switch so we don't have to worry about mixed use profiles in the use case).

don't get me wrong though - auto-reg would be huge :)

Good deal!

I think you might know about this, but you can also do the following trick today that makes life a lot easier than using menus:

cobbler system add --name=default --profile=foo
# power up 500 systems
cobbler system add --name=default --profile=bar
# power up another 500

Coupled with auto-registration that could be pretty slick :)

-p