Re: [ANNOUNCE] Cobbler 0.7.2 test release (0.8 candidate)

Aaron Lippold wrote:
Hi,

Well yes, but I was just letting you know that the el5 rpms weren't in
the EPEL repo. I thought you had said you were going to put them
there. I guess the process is that EL5 is built from the src rpms?

Thanks,

Aaron

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM, Michael DeHaan <mdehaan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Aaron Lippold wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I can't seem to find these cobbler 0.7.2 in the testing EPEL repo.
 > Have they been uploaded?

 > Jucain is a Cobbler newbie and is setting a cobbler server up on a
 > Dell Xeon 1U box to help with some provisioning. If someone could send
 > us the current links, I would appreciate it.

 No problem.   The email mentioned

http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/download/testing/

 Though I'll be releasing updated versions of those (with fixes from
 everyone's testing) to Fedora/EPEL tomorrow as 0.8/stable.

 --Michael

EPEL is built from the tarballs, technically, though since I am not in control of what goes to EPEL stable vs testing (as is anyone), I choose to not push "testing" content to EPEL, so that people can use EPEL testing to get the latest -- even if EPEL has not yet rolled testing over to stable. Previously this happened roughly quarterly -- it's more often now IIRC -- but there's still an interest in the ability to supply a newer "stable" than EPEL "stable" allows.

Make sense?   :)