Re: Creating a yum repo (via cobbler) from "scratch"?

Sandor W. Sklar wrote:

On Feb 1, 2008, at 7:16 AM, Michael DeHaan wrote:

Adam Rosenwald wrote:

Thanks for the help Adam.

Yes, again, thank you very much!

A few quick comments:
-- you don't actually have to call createrepo yourself, cobbler will do it for you.

OK, that is good to know.

-- we don't currently have the ability to assign a list of repos to a distro, only a profile, however that might be a good idea for a future addition.

-- there's a quick writeup on some of the repo management stuff here: http://cobbler.et.redhat.com/cobbler-repos.php

Thanks, I did read through that page (honest!) My new question is, is there any way around keeping two copies of each RPM? For example, I created my repo "base" in /var/repo/tsm-client/base, and then ran "cobbler repo add ..." and "cobbler reposync", which all worked perfectly.

Cobbler currently doesn't have the code to represent a repo it is not mirroring. There's an RFE filed on that though.

So you just want to throw stuff in /var/www/mystuff/reponame and run creatrepo there manually, and then mention that in your kickstart templates manually until that is in there.

--Michael