Re: Installing cobbler on a debian system

Javier Palacios wrote:
Most of our machines are debian/ubuntu, so that was the second step.
The manpage states "limited experimental support" for debian/suse but
for your comments I understand that it works right. The "distro add"
arguments resembles those for a syslinux/pxeboot. Is it posible also
to import debian packages, manage debian repos and so on?
No support for apt repos, though patches to add them can be applied.

So do any patch exists? (I don't care if they are experimental, as
right now I just plan make experiments with them)

None exist.

Although I'll probably setup a fedora box, I'll keep trying to install
& run cobbler from a debian system. If you think it might be valuable,
I'll keep you/the list informed about the (expected) progress.
Sounds good.

Debian packages are available at
http://usuarios2.arsystel.com/javierpb/cobbler/
they need some improvements,  but they allow to import a Fedora8 DVD
into cobbler (no test possible until next week).

Although it might due to this non-standard setup, I have noticed that
just after install cobbler and before importing anything, only 'list
kickstarts' works in the web interface, and any other list action
produces a python exception that is shown in the browser.

Sounds like it's your setup to me. If you want to forward details (off-list) I'll
take a look at it.

Javier Palacios