Re: Virt-Manager: Supporting additional para-virtual OS's

Cole Robinson wrote:
Robert Nelson wrote:

I spent some time reworking the virtinst code to support OpenSolaris and
make it much easier to support additional OSes.  I've attached the patch
file to get some feedback on the work so far.

Unfortunately a bunch for the code from virtinst is duplicated in
virt-manager in the Add Device code.  This means either moving it back
to virtinst with the appropriate additional APIs or duplicating work in
virt-manager.

Hi Robert,

Could you take a couple paragraphs explaining exactly how you reorganized
everything? And also I think posting the patch to its own thread will get
it more attention.

I'll put more explanation in the next version of the patch.

One small thing before you repost: __init__.py had ::LOCALEDIR:: replaced
with /usr/share/locale. This shouldn't be hardcoded and is filled in as
appropriate at build time by setup.py.

This happens during the build.  Since I diffed against my built version it had been updated.  Usually I delete that diff from the patch but I guess I missed it in that version.

Thanks,
Cole