Re: Two easy to fix bugs in cobbler

Matthias Saou wrote:
Hi,

Both "bugs" are with cobbler-0.6.1-2 from Fedora.

First one :

Using "url --url $tree" in a kickstart file doesn't work with cobbler,
as it wants the equal sign : "url --url=$tree"... but both are valid
kickstart syntax, so cobbler should probably be fixed to allow both
syntaxes.

Cobbler accepts kickstart files as plaintext. What do you mean by "doesn't work with Cobbler"?

It is true there's a regex in koan that needs to be tweaked to allow validation of the later, though I wasn't
sure if you were talking about that or not.

Second one :

The /etc/logrotate.d/cobblerd_rotate file should be fixed :
- Add "missingok" since otherwise a daily error is sent about no logs
existing if cobbler was installed but has never been run.

This is already added in git.

- Add ">/dev/null" to the restart line, to not get the useless output
by email. Alternately, "condrestart" could be used instead of the
test+restart, since it's implemented in the init script.

Will do.

If I should bugzilla these to keep track of them, please let me know.

Email is good enough. Thanks!

Matthias