Re: virtmanager error when trying to connect on Ubuntu

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:51:04PM -0600, Cam Macdonell wrote:
The VM won't start at all.  Nothing seems to point to gtk-vnc.

The libvirtd output is:
libvir: QEMU error : QEMU quit during console startup
Could not parse VNC address

This most likely means your regular 'qemu' binary is older than the
'kvm' qemu binary. libvirt has an assumption that 'qemu' and 'kvm'
are both based off the same base QEMU version. Since KVM is based off
0.9.0, you need to make sure your regular QEMU is also 0.9.0. If it
is older, say, 0.8.x then this is the kind of error you'd get. This
is because the VNC syntax for QEMU changed.

Hi,

I build KVM from scratch, I'm on the latest build kvm-40. I'm not sure when the VNC syntax changed. Actually, that would make for a useful error message if it printed what syntax it's trying to use!

One thing is that KVM doesn't use a port for VNC but outputs to a "display".

Thanks,
Cam