Re: cobbler import arch problem

Hennessey Daniel wrote:
using cobbler to import an existing x86-64 distro tree but when I do a "cobbler distro report" it says the distro's arch is x86. I can use "cobbler distro add" and explicitly state the arch but this leaves the distro tree in place and I was hoping to import all my kickstart trees to be managed by cobbler. Any clues?

This shouldn't happen, but it won't cause any adverse results... what distro source were you using for the import? (i.e. RHEL 4 DVD? rsync mirror?). If you can give me further info I'll take a look at see what's wrong with the auto-detection.

Cobbler uses the arch field to decide when to set up for different bootloaders, such as "ia64" implying elilo. It doesn't pay attention to the difference between x86 and x86_64 as it uses syslinux either way.
If you want to fix it, you can run:

cobbler distro edit --name=foo --arch=x86_64

--Michael

Cheers
Dan

DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended

for the recipient only.

If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply

e-mail and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or

use it for any other purposes, or disclose the content of the e-mail

to any other person or store or copy the information in any medium.

The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not

necessarily those of Admenta UK Group.

Admenta UK plc is a company incorporated in England and Wales

under company number 3011757 and whose registered office

is at Sapphire Court, Walsgrave Triangle, Coventry CV2 2TX