Re: [et-mgmt-tools] QEMU & KVM support in virt-install/virt-manager

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 11:04 +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> On 20 Feb 2007, at 10:39, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> >   - I think I'd only use the "Connect to" concept with remote
> >     management - connecting to a remote machine is a well understood
> >     concept, but connecting to a hypervisor is a little weird. Perhaps
> >     "Manage Xen guests" vs. Manage QEMU guests" as above
>
> What's the general plan for being able to manage both through the
> same virt-manager interface?

	If we're going to expose the different hypervisors through the UI, my
instinct would be that there should be a "run on Xen" vs. "run on QEMU"
toggle in the "Create VM" dialog and that all guests should appear in a
flat list with a "Hypervisor Type" column.

	But there is the argument that people shouldn't ever really need to
choose and so it shouldn't be in the UI at all.

Cheers,
Mark.