[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler usage survey / needs

Two fold email:

Cobbler's reached a point where are there places I _could_ take it, though I'm trying to figure out which are the most important. If there's any features that you would really like to have related to provisioning/kickstart/etc, I'd like to hear about them. There is a rough list I've been keeping at:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/hg/emd/applications/cobbler?f=d9209042c5d6;file=TODO

As far as big ticket items, I like the idea of serving kickstarts through a custom webserver and logging kickstart activity (and being able to tell a box to always ask if it should netboot but to kickstart only when configured to do so), though maybe that's just me thinking of things to do and not things people really need. I also keep coming back to the thought that "sync" should only update things it needs to update, to save on copying -- though it may not be that anyone has 600 distributions in Cobbler as I've added during testing :) Other ideas for upgrades and brainstorming are welcome.

I'm also curious as to how Cobbler is being used in the wild. I know the PXE pieces are being leveraged, but how many folks are using it for Xen? Is anyone using it to reprovision via "enchant" or is koan being executed directly? How about "import"? How many machines and profiles are involved in your cobbler deployments, or are you just testing with it? Are the kickstart templating features sufficient? Basically any info on how you are using it and ways in which it could be improved to better solve real world provisioning problems in various environments would be greatly appreciated. If folks would rather reply personally than to list, that's fine too.

Thanks!

--Michael