Re: apptainer 1.1.8-1 has an incompatible change for apptainer-suid users

That makes it more clear for epel7.
But it will be strange for epel7 to have a higher version than epel8 and 9.
Would the apptainer maintainers be willing to create an update that has the --userns option, as well as the original option?
Then for epel7 the rpm's would have the original option turned off, but for epel8 and 9 the option could be there and update wouldn't be a breaking update.

That would allow users that have machines on RHEL 7,8 and 9 to use the same version and secure options.
Users that only have machines on RHEL 8 and 9, would then have the option to move to the more secure option when the time is good for them.

Troy