RE: Cookey - Muscle Card differences ?

Title: RE: Cookey - Muscle Card differences ?

Thanx for the quick answer.

On which Muscle release exactly Coolkey is based ? The last (old) one ?

De : Robert Relyea [mailto:rrelyea@xxxxxxxxxx]
Envoyé : mercredi 15 octobre 2008 19:30
À : Frédéric Martin
Cc : coolkey-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: Cookey - Muscle Card differences ?

Frédéric Martin wrote:

> Ok, new subject…

> Is CoolKey applet based on Muscle Card applet ?

Yes.

> If yes, what are the differences now ?

The original Muscle author gave us permission to release it under gpl 2.

We make several changes to the  APDU's, most notably adding several

APDU's that run under Global Platform Secure channel to manage the

token. We also added a nonce to many unprivileged APDU's so that we can

support authentication in a true multi-user environment (Login gives the

user a nonce, which must be supplied on subsequent APDU calls. This

allows multiple applications to access the token, but requiring each

application to get it's own login state).

In general the guts are the same, but the APDU interface is not longer

the same.

bob