Re: Cookey - Muscle Card differences ?

Frédéric Martin wrote:

Ok, new subject…

Is CoolKey applet based on Muscle Card applet ?

Yes.

If yes, what are the differences now ?

The original Muscle author gave us permission to release it under gpl 2.

We make several changes to the APDU's, most notably adding several APDU's that run under Global Platform Secure channel to manage the token. We also added a nonce to many unprivileged APDU's so that we can support authentication in a true multi-user environment (Login gives the user a nonce, which must be supplied on subsequent APDU calls. This allows multiple applications to access the token, but requiring each application to get it's own login state).

In general the guts are the same, but the APDU interface is not longer the same.

bob

If no, what are the differences ? :)

--

*Frédéric Martin*