From: coolkey-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coolkey-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen Hamilton
Sent: Friday, 11 January 2008 12:08 AM
To: Coolkey-devel@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Smarcard application

Greetings,

I hope this is the right forum for my question, but if not, please let
me know where I should look.
I've been working on a program that will require smart card certificates
and encryption, and since I have coolkey working in my Fedora 8, I
decided to use the coolkey libraries to talk to my smartcard.  I
currently have a basic program to tell me my reader name, and I'm using
CACApplet_GetCertificate to pull a certificate from the card, and it
appears to work.  However I can't figure out what format it is in--and
this is one of the few functions that works correctly on my card (I get
the 9000 apduRC success result).  I also can't seem to find any API docs
for coolkey.  I'm currently using C, and including the cky_applet.h in
my program.  The smartcard is a DOD CAC card.  I know this should be
possible, since ESC is able to give me all kinds of information on my
card to include the certificates.

Any help is greatly appreciated--especially any small sample programs
that use the cky_applet.h

Thanks
Stephen