Re: Coolkey RPM prerequisites

Geoff Elgey wrote:
G'day,

The coolkey.spec file specifies that pcsc-lite, ccid, and ifd-egate in
the "Requires" section.
So coolkey.rpm will not install unless the packages above are also
installed.

I can understand a requirement for pcsc-lite, but why ccid and
ifd-egate? My understanding is that these packages are installed to
provide drivers for different kinds of cards, and are optional,
depending on what kind of card drivers are required.
If I'm only going to use CCID cards, and not any E-gate cards, why
should I need to install ifd-egate package just to install coolkey?

-- Geoff

Think along the lines of "I just installed RHEL5 and though I specified the smart card stuff be installed, I can't use my smart card."

... however, I agree it probably should not be the CoolKey RPM that requires it. If an RPM is going to require those, it should be pcsc-lite, because pcscd uses the drivers not CoolKey, but neither should REQUIRE those drivers. I would think that the better place would be in the repodata/comps-f7.xml file it should have a smart card group... that sets the ccid and E-gate card READER drivers to _default_.

maybe in comps-f8.xml. :)
--
Todd Denniston