Coolkey RPM prerequisites

G’day,

The coolkey.spec file specifies that pcsc-lite, ccid, and ifd-egate in the “Requires” section.

So coolkey.rpm will not install unless the packages above are also installed.

I can understand a requirement for pcsc-lite, but why ccid and ifd-egate? My understanding is that these packages are installed to provide drivers for different kinds of cards, and are optional, depending on what kind of card drivers are required.

If I’m only going to use CCID cards, and not any E-gate cards, why should I need to install ifd-egate package just to install coolkey?

-- Geoff