RE: [linux_broadcom] Broadcom driver request petition

Some of the newer notebooks are now using the Broadcom chipset for both Ethernet and wireless. They have posed the Linux drivers for some of their devices, but are not planning to do any more. I found this out after e-mailing their support department, I my self am looking for drivers for the Broadcom IEEE 802.11g wireless adapter. Since this chip set is getting into more and more notebooks, a petition has been set up at http://www.petitiononline.com/BCM4301/ . Please sign it and also have your friends do so as well. May be we can force some of these companies to start thinking Linux, when they come up with new devices and not just that other so called operating system.

Howard Richter

Home = (770) 992-5582
Cell   = (678) 575-1143
Fax  = (786) 551-3273
E-Mail = hbr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Résumé  = http://www.richter-home.net/live/resume.html

[Index of Archives]     [Fedora Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Linux Wireless]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]