Re: btrfs mkfs options for root filesystem?

On Tue, 2021-02-09 at 12:21 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> I wanted to use `--csum xxhash` to create the btrfs filesystem on the
> system
> I just installed. Unfortunately, this proves to be impossible, since
> Anaconda requires that / be formatted by Anaconda. It's a small
> performance
> win (33% faster) but also twice the bits for a much smaller collision
> risk.
>
> Is there a way to select or force the options used for btrfs?

If you want to add mkfs/create options, you can use --mkfsoptions= as
an option to the btrfs command in kickstart. If you want to adjust
mount options, you can set those using --fsoptions= on the btrfs.xx
members' partition commands.

With a graphical install, you might be able to start with a pre-
existing btrfs volume and get anaconda to create your root subvol
without any regard for the main volume's settings.

David