Should pykickstart sort Packages.packageList and .excludedList?

We're trying to reduce the number of external modules we depend on, and
the subject of the OrderedSet modules came up.

I've put together a PR here - https://github.com/pykickstart/pykickstart/pull/325

I wasn't able to figure out exactly why we switched to using OrderedSet,
the commit wasn't clear as to why it was needed. Internal to the add()
function I can see no reason for it, the add and exclude lists are
independent of each other so the ordering shouldn't matter when doing
the set operations.

The only thing I can think of is dnf, via anaconda, and it really
shouldn't care either.

So I dropped it, turning it back into a regular set, and I just sort the
results when storing them so that they'll always have a consistent
order.

Does this look ok to everyone? Can anyone think of a reason not to do
this? Have I missed something obvious here? :)

Please comment on the PR so the discussion can all be in one place.

Thanks,

Brian

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart