Re: F33: preview swap-on-ZRAM using zram-generator feature change

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 6:14 PM Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020, 12:58 PM Chris Murphy <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Use zram-generator instead of zram
https://pagure.io/fedora-comps/pull-request/513

Replace 'zram' with 'zram-generator', and exclude Cloud edition
https://pagure.io/fedora-kickstarts/pull-request/658

Those have been accepted. Anaconda PR #2723 and #2727 can happen anytime.

Ok.

About inst.zram

Another possibility is to just deprecate it. If swap is really not needed, zram device won't be used. There's no RAM preallocated for the zram device. If it is needed, it gets used on demand, and prevents reclaim. Pretty much win win.

I have talked about it with the team and we prefer the deprecation of the inst.zram option. The zram-generator can always introduce its own option if there is a demand for it.

Vendy

---
Chris Murphy