Re: Query about rhinstaller/anaconda#2651

Hi,

David is right, the logic is the same as before. The possible fixes of the name and the description are discussed at https://github.com/rhinstaller/anaconda/pull/2691.

Vendy

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 4:26 AM David Lehman <dlehman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2020-06-25 at 21:29 -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> So I was looking at the Anaconda commits today, and I saw this
> change[1] land, which changes how default partitioning is set up. The
> change is somewhat confusing to me, because it _seems_ like it makes
> it so that we suddenly are encrypting swap and other volumes by
> default in Fedora, and I don't recall anyone asking for that to
> happen.
>
> Admittedly, this change is a bit ambiguous when compared to what the
> code looked like before, but the comment that says "the mount point
> will be encrypted" makes me think that setting "(encrypted)" will
> actually encrypt by default.
>
> Can someone please help me understand what's going on here?

Assuming it works like the old code did, "will be encrypted" actually
means "will be encrypted if the user specifies _encrypted_ automatic
partitioning".

People of the snake, please correct me if I'm wrong.

HTH