Re: I'm the new maintainer of pykickstart

On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 07:42:03PM -0400, Neal Gompa wrote:

> If you only care about Anaconda's requirements, why isn't this just
> part of the rhinstaller group like the rest of the Anaconda-only
> components?

It's impossible to do both. I *want* to encourage use by other projects,
but at the same time I have to make sure we don't break the anaconda use
case. It is now under its own org because the maintainers are no longer
working directly on the installer, so this seemed like the best
'neutral' place for it.

I *do* promise to try to give due consideration to features/etc. from
non-installer users of pyks, and given time may even work to help with
getting them into anaconda.

> > I also will *not* be re-reviewing any old closed requests. If the
> > previous maintainers declined to add something I am not going to re-open
> > it.
> >

> This seems a bit harsh. Even if all the other requirements are
> satisfied? What about if there was no information about why it was
> closed?

Good point, if the PR has support in Anaconda then I'll take another
look at it. But closed PRs are closed, I'm not going to re-evaluate them
without a really good reason.

--
Brian C. Lane (PST8PDT) - weldr.io - lorax - parted - pykickstart