Re: Question on Anaconda rpmostree payload

Good point.

Adding Anaconda devel list. The community could be interesting on this.

Jirka

On Tue, 2019-05-28 at 14:29 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
Adding Dusty and Jonathan.

Can we take this thread to anaconda-devel@ ?  No reason not to discuss in public AFAICS, and this way conversation is archived for historical purposes, etc.

On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 1:04 PM <jkonecny@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

We are doing bigger rewrite of the Anaconda and we have a problem with
the moving sysroot of rpmostree payload. As you know the payload more
then we and most of all you know rpmostree I wanted to ask you about
the solution.

Right now the sysroot of the rpmostree is changing during the
installation. The code for the sysroot handling changed and we would
like to simplify the logic, by having the sysroot on static place all
the time.

>From the commit message I know there is a deployment and physical root.
The problem is however that you have to change to the other during the
installation. We would like to avoid this.

If we can avoid changing the sysroot that would be best but in other
case I came with an idea of a bind mount. So when the mount is not in
the "correct" place we can bind mount the other folder there.
However, that could complicate other things.

Could you please give a suggestion for this?

Thanks,
Jirka