From: David Shea <dshea@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:46 AM
Subject: Re: anaconda design mockups

On 02/24/2016 05:14 AM, Garrett LeSage wrote:
> So, what do you think?

Some first impressions:

Having a case to go to the storage resize screen directly after the
welcome screen feels to me like a return to the linear model. I get that
Workstation wants to get rid of custom partitioning, but what about
drive selection? Say a user has two hard drives and wants to install
Fedora to one of them. I feel like this approach to storage simplifies
things a step too far.

Turning spokes into dialogs does seem to fix the problem of not knowing
where the Done button is (and I do like the idea of a Cancel button even
if it'll be a pain to implement), but at the loss of a good bit of
screen real estate. I don't want anaconda to go down the road of having
completely different widget sets for workstation and server, and no
matter how much we simplify storage for workstation, server is still
going to have to configure iSCSI and multipath and split it all up into
47 different partitions, all at 800x600.

Do you think that the animations between screens helps any with the
confusion of how to get out of any particular screen? They're new in F22
and not shown in live VMs for annoying technical reasons.

I don't think the comparisons with gnome-control-center are exactly
fair. Anaconda has used the suggested-action button class since F21 to
make the button more visible. That it now gets hidden as blue-on-blue is
a misfortune of themeing that could be changed (as in the button color
could be the changed, not necessarily the Fedora blue background).
gnome-control-center does not set the style class on its back button and
it's hidden up in the header bar, which has a bunch of other stuff going on.

The last screen with all the ad banners seems really crowded with ads.
It makes me think of
https://www.linux-noob.com/forums/uploads/post-1-1159903128.jpg