Re: releasing pykickstart-3

> Can you keep around existing classes and produce a warning when the user
> uses them, and any new changes be introduced to the new classes ?
> e.g. keep old methods/class names working as they are where possible and
> allow for gradual migration.

I don't think this is possible.  The changes are mostly around option
processing, which is kind of in the middle of the stack of objects.
While I could add the old option processing classes back and rename the
new ones, all the command handling objects use the new ones.  What
happens if some user of pykickstart has subclasses one of the command
handling objects and adds in their own arguments?

I could probably do it, but it would take writing a whole lot of methods
to translate back and forth.  And there's lots of other little weird
changes that I don't know that I could actually make.  Check out that
link I sent in the original mail.

> Some python based projects have things like
> from future import X  but I have no idea how this is implemented.

Yeah I don't know how that is implemented either.  I don't think that'd
work for me for reasons above, but I'm still curious.  I think I'll go
read about that.

Any other ideas?

- Chris