Re: Notifying post-install tools about screens seen by the user

On Fri, 2015-11-06 at 13:17 +0100, Vojtěch Trefný wrote:

> On 5.11.2015 18:11, Brian C. Lane wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 04:59:07PM +0100, Martin Kolman wrote:
> >
> > Visiting a spoke isn't the same as changing something. I think we
> > should
> > base this on changes, shouldn't we?
> >

> But if you visit a spoke without changing something, it means the
> defaults are ok for you and you're probably not going to change them
> later.
>
> Maybe we could put both "visited" and "changed" to the file and let
> Initial Setup (and other) decide.
I have discussed something similar with Jiri - basically, we already
have some add-hock checking if the user changed something in the
spokes, used mostly to decide if we need to re-run some expensive
refresh operation or potentially not if the user did not change
anything.

The idea was that this could be formalized, potentially as a form of
say a "spoke access manager/monitor" that would keep track of what
spokes were entered and potentially changed.

The data could be then used both at runtime (so Anaconda can check for
changes on a spoke in consistent manner) and could be dumped to the
config file at the end of installation.