Re: Regarding NFS method of Installation issue in RHEL 6.6

Thank you for replying.

I am sharing my understanding of the operation i performed.

I configured Network installation server 169.254.1.2 and  exported /export/home/agarg/imag from Server.

Now i make another machine(client ) attached to server to boot via network.
Client System was able to boot via pxe and was able to download initrd and install.img images.
I checked that it was able to recieve the main kickstart in stage1 of anaconda installer.

After the screen for running anaconda installer , i see below error for installation failure:-

The following problem occurred on line 0 of the kickstart file:

Unable to open input kickstart file: Could not open/read file:///mnt/stage2/kickstart/Additional.inc

I accessed tty2 and check the contents of mnt/stage2/, I see below contents were only present:-

$ ls mnt/stage2/
efiboot.img  efidisk.img  install.img  pxeboot  TRANS.TBL

The above is contents of my images directory present in the ISO

I was expecting that complete installation tree should be present on mnt/stgae2 just like DVD.
However only images directory's contents is present.

I checked online But could not find the root cause that why images directory's contents is only present in mnt/stage2 .

I will appreciate any help in this.
Is there a detailed explanation available for the nfs installation behavior apart from RHEl 6 installation guide?

Please let me know in case further information is required.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Vratislav Podzimek <vpodzime@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-06-11 at 17:48 +0530, anant garg wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Greeting for the day.
>

> I was installation RHEL by using  NFS method in a kickstart  file
>

> My kickstart includes another kickstart
>

> Below was a snippet of my kickstart
>

> install
> nfs --server=169.254.1.2 --dir=/export/home/agarg/imag
>

> key --skip
> lang en_US.UTF-8
> keyboard us
>

> % include /mnt/stage2/kickstart/Additional.inc
>

> %packages
> @base
> @supp
> @core
> %end
>

> I found that during Network  installation, Installation failed with
> Error:-
>

> The following problem occurred on line 0 of the kickstart file:
>

> Unable to open input kickstart file: Could not open/read
> file:///mnt/stage2/kickstart/Additional.inc
>

> I login to tty2 and found that only images directory from ISO has been
> copied to /mnt/stage2
> That is why it is not finding the kickstart.
Isn't the 169.254.1.2:/export/home/agarg/imag simply mounted
to /mnt/stage2? I don't think anaconda copies anything. And that would
also explain why the kickstart file is not there.

--
Vratislav Podzimek