Re: Fedora Workstation Anaconda wishlist

Hi, a couple quick clarifications from me:

On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 10:15 -0400, David Cantrell wrote:
> For each request you've listed
> for us
> to remove something, you've provided no explanation as to what
> replaces it.
> g-i-s is fine and all, but my understanding there is it's optional.

Hm, no, that is the misunderstanding: g-i-s is not optional in Fedora
Workstation. It runs unconditionally on first boot, and creates the
first user if Anaconda has not. The first user is always an admin, so
we can leave the root password unset. We will add a new page to g-i-s
to allow hostname configuration.

> The progress bar placement allows for optional third party spokes to
> appear
> on that screen.

My concern is simply that we don't want all that space to be completely
blank in Fedora Workstation: it looks fine now because we have two
spokes there, but with all the space blank I think it would look quite
awkward.

> Yeah, we're not going to do that.  Customizations to allow anaconda
> to adapt
> better to different Fedora variants is one thing, but trashing the
> only UI
> we've had in the installer with actual UX studies, design, and
> development
> backing it is not something we're interested in.

OK, let's just drop that point then.

Thanks,

Michael