Re: Questions about blivet tests

On 05/25/2015 09:20 AM, Alexander Todorov wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm looking into how blivet tests actually work and so far have noticed
a few things which are not clear to me. Can you please provide more info:

* tests/lib/testlib.sh looks like it is not used anywhere. If so maybe
it can be removed ?

* tests.loopbackedtestcase.LoopBackedTestCase.__init__() says

DevicelibsTestCase manages loop devices.

but I don't see a class with that name. Should it be removed/updated ?

It was probably removed when we replaced devicelibs with libblockdev.

* What is the StorageTestCase class ? In particular StorageTestCase is
used only in action_test.py and although it claims to be a base class
for storage test cases I don't see it used anywhere. Maybe we can
refactor action_test.py and get rid of it?

Perhaps.

* What is the difference between LoopBackedTestCase and
ImageBackedTestCase ? These two appear to be what pretty much everything
else inherits from.

ImageBackedTestCase uses the same stacks as anaconda disk image
installations. These mimic normal disks more closely than using loop
devices directly. Basically you will see LoopBackedTestCase used for
stacks of limited depth (eg: md array w/ two loop members) and
ImageBackedTestCase for stacks of greater or arbitrary depth.

Thanks,
Alex