Anaconda local media issue

Since F16 I compose local installation media on USB-drive for my purposes. Basically I copy the content of a DVD/Server-iso to a ext3/4 formatted USB. Further tailoring to my needs is then easy.

This went well until F22_RC1. F22_TC4 was the last "release" that worked well under this strategy.

What I now see is that after booting my media and entering the central pane, anaconda recognizes the boot media as local media, reported under SOFTWARE/INSTALLATION SOURCE. But after entering this INSTALLATION SOURCE pane I do not get the option to select local media, only iso-image and network repo. After leaving the pane, even without making any change, on the central pane local media is no longer selected and can not be selected again.

The question comes up has anaconda different criteria on different places in the code how the presence of local media is determined? As anaconda at first does recognize my USB-drive as local media, but later on it doesn't.

In the hope to find a workaround on this matter, I now have two questions:
- What exactly changed between 22_TC4 and 22_RC1, that might cause this difference in behaviour. - What are the exact criteria the anaconda team has defined to have anaconda detect local media.

Subquestion: What can be the difference between local media created by dd-ing the distributed media image to an USB-drive and copying this image by mounting it and then using "(cd /image && tar cf - .) | (cd /usbdrive && tar xvf -)" which also should make an exact copy.
After DD-ing the images to an USB-drive I do not see this strange behaviour.

Koos.