Re: Announcing the existance of a separate python-bytesize package to handle the Size functionality of blivet.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 02:53:20PM +0100, Vratislav Podzimek wrote:
> I'd use the same reasoning for the need of a separate package. So far,
> no code uses the Size class without using blivet. Having it as a
> separate (sub)package could make the difference because it would
> suddenly be possible to use it without pulling all of blivet and its
> dependencies (subpackage is enough for that). The same could happen with
> the change of the implementation using C instead of Python. I'm not
> saying you should start rewriting the whole thing in C right now, but
> without any visions like that for the future I don't really see a point
> in having it as a separate package. Especially considering the amount of
> effort&time needed to make it happen in contrast to a few lines changed
> in blivet's Makefile and spec.

I don't see how it would hurt to have it as its own package. And you
can't discount the learning experience for Anne, it's actually a nicely
contained problem to use for a first packaging experience.

I also don't see any reason to bring up C. This is a useful Python
module, leave it at that, package it so others can use it.