Re: Anaconda and cloud-init

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014, at 11:06 AM, Radek Vykydal wrote:

> My concern here was not specifying cloudconfig in kickstart (be it
> poniting URL
> or by embedding the yaml) which is OK, but using the content
> of cloudconfig "as additional installer configuration" (vs using
> post-reboot only)
> by which I mean parsing it in installer and changing installation data
> (eg those concerning user settings) based on it.

Right, having Anaconda parse it would be the major difficult step.

> Yes, definitely using both. But again, kickstart for installation,
> cloud-config for first boot configuration. I am not sure if
> benefits of using cloud-config as another installation configuration
> source are worth it. I mean are there enough reasons we should
> make anaconda care about content of cloudconfig (read and
> use it during installation)? Do we have any other examples
> then users / ssh keys case?

I posted about this in another mail but from what I can see it
is mainly just the ssh key handling.

So if for Fedora 22 kickstart gained ssh functionality that would
close most of the gap.  I'd be OK with that.

Though questions remain how to expose it in
the UI if at all, and whether some of the details of how cloud-init
does it are applied (for example, also disabling ssh password auth).