Re: Anaconda and cloud-init

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014, at 04:54 PM, David Shea wrote:
> On 12/05/2014 04:36 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> > %cloud-config
> > users:
> >    - name: walters
> >      ssh-authorized-keys: ssh-rsa ...
> > %end
>
> Looking at this, it looks awfully similar to:
>
> %addon org_fedora_cloud_config
> users:
>    - name: walters
>      ssh-authorized-keys: ssh-rsa ...
> %end
>

> and that's something that anaconda already provides the framework for

Interesting, might investigate that.  But...personally I would really love if this was integrated into the core.  For example, if there was some button in the UI where I could just type in a kickstart (and cloud-config) instead of clicking in the GUI.

In addition, a UI way to just enter in a URL for a cloud-config.

(Yes, you can do this before you boot via TAB on the commandline and inst.ks, but that's hidden and unfriendly, if you typo the URL you have to reboot and try again, etc.)