Re: Revisit Product-ized install repos for Final?

On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 11:01:08PM -0800, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 23:33 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Mon, 03 Nov 2014 07:22:06 -0800
> > Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > The repos weren't designed to be installed in any case, only used
> > > during installation.
> >

> > umm we can not remove them, anaconda expects there to be a repo called
> > fedora-server or fedora-cloud due to how the compose is done and that
> > is not changing.
>
> why not? we added it in a hurry for alpha, we can remove it easily
> enough now. I don't think the anaconda guys want the memory overhead of
> the useless extra repos, they seemed in favour of removing them when I
> mentioned it in #anaconda.
>
> CCing bcl. IIRC the change either way is a one-liner to
> pyanaconda/packaging/__init__.py which we've already ping-ponged back
> and forth like twice.

Which change, I'm losing track.

We should certainly NOT be shipping f21 with all the repos installed and
enabled, it slows down the installation and chews up memory
unnecessarily.

> >   they need to stick around for f21, we can look at
> > doing different things in f22.  We need to work with the anaconda guys
> > to see what we can do and what changes they will need to make.

IIRC the 'include all the enabled repos' hack was a quick fix because
nobody had sorted out how to make just the right ones get included
during the compose time.

IMHO this is a releng problem. Give anaconda the right repos with the
right names and it will do the right thing. When you run lorax/pungi and
you want to customize the repos you need to install them in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ so that lorax will copy them to the image.

Also, this discussion should be on anaconda-devel, not a cc list. So
I've added it to the cc list. I don't have any particular authority in
this, just strong opinions :)