Re: liveimg

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 04:14:56PM -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> This may or may not be the right place to ask this.  If it should be asked
> elsewhere, just point me.
>
> I have been experimenting with the kickstart liveimg command.  My first test
> was to create a simple kickstart file on my LAN so that I could boot a
> netinstall with
>     ks=http://...
> The kickstart file includes no repo definitions but does include:
>     liveimg  --url=http://...
> where I point to a squashfs.img file from
> Fedora-Live-LXDE-x86_64-21_Beta-1.iso
>
> This worked just as I wanted it to.  However, it is not quite the way I
> would like to do things.  Specifically, I would like to boot a Live
> CD/DVD/usb and be able to execute a kickstart which would have:
>     liveimg  --url=file:///LiveOS/squashfs.img
>
> The problem is the boot.  Either it is looking for root= or it simply
> ignores and ks= and drops into live-install mode.
>
> Anyone give me a hint as to how I can get the boot to act more like the boot
> from netinstall?

You used to be able to add kickstart=<path> to the cmdline and livesys
would run liveinst on bootup.

But we've thrown up a new roadblock for f21 and turned off kickstart
support in liveinst.

You *may* be able to get things to work by pointing it to
/run/initramfs/live/LiveOS/squashfs.img and removing the kickstart check
from liveinst.

Or you could make a bootable usb from a boot.iso, include the payload
image on there and try to point to that.