Re: F21 Workstation dual-boot release requirement OS X

Adam Williamson wrote on 2014-09-09 19:48 (GMT-0700):

> The specification of *dual* not *multi* was intentional. IIRC the
> discussion, anyhow.

Fine. That's what I thought too. But...

> It's not about support "existing" but us blocking release on it
> *working*. The code will make a best effort to configure boot for
> whatever OSes it finds, unless we intentionally nerf it as we may for OS
> x, but the criteria are about the things we absolutely require must work
> for us to ship the release; in this context, we decided more than two
> OSes was being a little too ambitious.

Given the widespread mis-use of dual-boot to mean more than one, I was trying
to make the point that the written blocking language used needs to be
especially carefully crafted to ensure it *can't* be misinterpreted to mean
more than two.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/