Re: bugzilla referencing, plus (was: BZ 1094856: screen redesign idea)

On 2014-07-30 08:21 (GMT-0400) Máirín Duffy composed:

"Bug 1094856" is not "broad," it's quite specific.

Important context is missing. Of itself, it's ambiguous, marginally better than a newbie post that says only "problem with my screen".

BZ1094856 is meaningless without more, either the bug's subject, or the bug's URI. Anyone who can take the trouble to provide a 7 digit number should be capable of sweeping the wand just a bit further and making the whole URI readily available for those who care to find out what $SUBJECT actually means, or what a bug referred to in content instead of subject is about.

If you want to talk about screen resolution and scaling issues, you've
already started a thread, I already posted some possible solutions,

They weren't ignored. I didn't see solutions, only possible steps for an actual dev to investigate. You agreed attention to display density should be a high priority, but went off about Gnome and GTK*, things I have little knowledge about and less interest in, detail issues, not the meta. Then you went on about your laptop's TV screen of shared size. There wasn't anything for me to say that wouldn't have looked like an inappropriate "me too" post.

and you've ignored that and instead basically wrote a 3 page long
unproductive rant.

77 lines including blanks is not 3 pages. The pages I print hold ~80 lines of legible text.

I'm trying any way I can to get the heads out of the sand. Marginal legibility even without elevated display density is a long-standing Anaconda problem. I can't believe doing anything about it is impossible, so either nobody who understands the problem is willing to do anything about it, or nobody who could and would do anything about the problem understands the problem. What I wrote was provided for the benefit of the latter, education, not a rant.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/