Re: Bootstrap yum install

On Wed, 2014-07-09 at 22:38 -0500, zip wrote:
> I was hoping someone could give me a few pointers.  I'm trying to work
> out how to, given an exact list of packages, perform a yum install to a
> clean filesystem.
>
> Background, I'm trying to work out a storage space efficient backup /
> restore process where I capture 3 lists:

Not exactly an answer to your question, but at some point I needed to
solve a slightly different problem, but it was also about rather
space-efficient back-up and super-fast restore, but super-slow backup
creation.

Basically, I was using the bmap idea which I implemented in the
bmap-tool:

URL

Now, you have your disk, and you want to create its backup. If you can
make its sparse image, you have a perfect back-up! The image contains
only the real data, holes do not consume space. Restoring it is
super-fast, and you cannot possibly make it faster.

I am deliberately being vague, assuming that if there is an interest,
you can check the URL, which contains the bmap idea, and describes what
bmap-tool can do for you. And then you could ask more questions.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy