Re: Follow installation progress

On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 04:43 -0700, Colin Walters wrote:
> Has there been any discussion about switching more of anaconda logging
> to use the systemd journal?  I think it'd be clearly better than
> /tmp/program.log for example.
>
> The journal isn't great for high-output stuff like the packaging log,
> but for say installation progress, we could output periodic progress
> messages instead of package-by-package detail.

Well, I am not aware, I am very new to the whole installation tools
business.

But as a user, I can say that for my purposes, I prefer a single source
of messages, rather than many of them. Indeed, how may /tmp/*.log files
do we have? At least these are the interesting ones: program.log,
anaconda.log, storage.log, packages.log.

The journal idea sounds like a step in the "single source" direction.

--
Best Regards,
Artem Bityutskiy