patch submits

I was wondering what the protocol is for submitting patches.

Recently, (November 8th), I submitted a two part patch (anaconda and pykickstart) which implements new functionality adding the "reclaim" option to the kickstart btrfs command.

The reclaim option (the name was chosen because of the similar function available in non-kickstart custom disk allocation) allows an existing btrfs subvolume to be specified for mountpoints such as root where the subvolume's filesystem/device must be destroyed before the can be newly created using the same name. This will also recover (reclaim) the disk space used by the previous subvolume.

Now, at this late date, there is not way that I expect this to be incorporated into Fedora 20. However, having this languish on the patches mailing list can also have it easily forgotten.

So, for non-official anaconda/pykickstart/blivet/etc. developers who submit patches, what should we expect to happen. If something does not happen withing <?> should we "ping" this or the patches mailing list?

BTW, one thing I found interesting about the BTRFS code in kickstart is that, when you are getting the BTRFS volume device, the code plans for that to be a list of devices. I assume that this is because you can have a multi-device BTRFS volume. The thing is, the code in blivet only returns one device even is it is a multi-device volume ... or at least that is how the code traced out for me. I don't believe that this is causing any problems even if it is not working as someone originally thought it would. Just thought you folks would like to know.

Gene