Re: help ... please

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 08:33 -0400, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Testing patches made to anaconda is relatively easy given the capability
> of using an updates image.  However, when a change involves anaconda and
> python-blivet and/or (as in my case) pykickstart, it is more complicated
> because, to the best of my knowledge, you need to respin an ISO to do
> the test.
As both pykickstart and blivet are pure-python packages, new version can
be easily added to the updates image.

There are two possibilities:
1) if you have a RPM with newer pykickstart/blivet version, you can
include it using the --add flag:
makeupdates --add <path_to_the_rpm>/new_blivet.rpm

2) you can also just copy the the pykickstart/blivet git clone to the
updates folder and it will be included in the updates image once it is
next generated

example:
* blivet Git clone is in ~/devel/blivet/blivet
* Anaconda Git clone is in ~/devel/anaconda

cp -r ~/devel/blivet/blivet
~/devel/anaconda/updates/run/install/updates/

IMAGE_COMMIT=anaconda-20.21-1

cd ~/devel/anaconda
scripts/makeupdates -k -t ${IMAGE_COMMIT}

The -k flag is important, because it makes makeupdates keep the updates
folder around, so you can add additional stuff like pykickstart/blivet
to it and it will be included.

Alternatively, you can also use the -f flag, that makes Anaconda
automatically fetch from Koji any dependencies added since the
$IMAGE_COMMIT corresponding to your compose:

scripts/makeupdates -k -t ${IMAGE_COMMIT} -f x86_64

Let me know if you have any issues with this - we use it all the time
when working on changes spanning Anaconda-pykickstart-blivet

PS.: Could be that at least nr. 2 is not really documented anywhere ?

Best wishes
Martin