Re: Accessibility BoF in GUADEC

On 2013-07-03 15:18, Juanjo Marín wrote:
Hi there !

I am Juanjo Marin, member of the GNOME accessibility team . I write to
this list to inform you that we are going to have BoF about
accessibility next August 6th in Brno, Czech Republic.

In the past, blind users said Fedora needs sighted help in order to be
installed. In Fedora 18, some users has reported some success and I
guess and hope the situation is better in Fedora 19.

Anyway, if any of Anaconda developers are around Brno August 6th, they
are more than welcome to join us and discuss about accessibility
problems.

Drop me a line if you want to attend or if you only can attend to some
specific hours in order to do a better planning if possible.

FWIW there have been a couple of heated threads about a11y wrt the installer on the test@ list lately. The installer *itself* still doesn't really have any specific a11y support, though you can apply GNOME's useful a11y features to the installer if you run an install from the GNOME live image, which is what I've been recommending to people when the question comes up.

I think the team would certainly welcome help on improving a11y in anaconda itself from knowledgeable folks...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey