Re: installer final touches matters

I was subject to changes from Fedora17 to Fedora18 that resulted in a decision to fix a blocker problem (I could not choose a keyboard layout for the virtual console).

This has been fixed, which, with very few others, allowed F18 to be moved from beta to production.

Anaconda has to change the first panel where a language is shown and the [ ] select default keyboard  does not belong. We need to just list the language for installation, and subsequently allow the selection of keyboard.

There was nothing in the keyboard selection area to indicate that the keyboard layout at the top of the list is the one that will be defaulted for the virtual terminal.

The test box to verify keyboard characters is not working properly and needs to correspond to the keyboard placed at the top of the list.

A few "are you sure" messages in places are advised (example is selection of language of installation).

This is my personal opinion about Anaconda final touches that follows in the next few lines.

Remove the DE and software selection from anaconda.  In my view it does not belong there.

Place the DE selection together with First boot. Firstboot is the place where we should be selecting Gnome, KDE, Cinnamon, Mate, etc.  It is where the new installation is virgin clean, with ample disk workareas.

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
50 years in Information Technology and going strong.
Yesterday was a good day, today is a better day,
and tomorrow will be even better.

SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE FEDORA LINUX SYSTEM.

mailto:lsatenstein@xxxxxxxxx
alternative: leslie.satenstein@xxxxxxxxx
www.itbms.biz  www.eclipseguard.com

~m