Re: usability lab on DevConf in Brno

> This was in the context of leading the session. While I don't want
> to speak for Chris, having the complete SME in the room leading the
> session with the testers may have the issue of consciously/subconsciously
> giving clues as to the 'proper' way to do things, distorting the feedback,
> as least as I understand how this testing is supposed to work. Mo?

This is exactly right, Bill. In the same way you don't want developers
QAing their own code, you don't want the folks who developed the code
running the usability tests either. When you're knee deep in it for so
long, it's really easy to miss things and have biases that will
negatively impact the effectiveness of the testing.

This brings up another point. We do have a bit of an issue in that I
lead the design/mockup work for the UI and I'm going to be working on
the planning for the tests we're going to be running in Westford (and
potentially remotely on-site at our intern's campus) concurrently. For
actually administering the tests here, I can talk to Ryan Lerch and see
if he can do it so I'm not the one talking to the test participants and
instead am the person watching from the other side of the screen chewing
on my fist. ;-)

~m