Re: running livemedia-creator with 1GB

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:49:50AM -0500, David A. Marlin wrote:

> I am running on F17 and using:
>
>  anaconda-17.29-1.fc17
>  lorax-17.26-1.fc17
>
> I was creating a test image using livemedia-creator on a resource
> constrained system (only 1GB memory) and encountered an error.
>
>    "You have not specified a swap partition.     917 MB of memory is
> required to continue installation
>     without a swap partition, but you only have 898 MB."
>
> But I have a large swap partition on the build system, and it is active.

This is referring to the target system, it doesn't use the host's
swapfile when calculating the amount of space.

> I have successfully created images before, but this time I used a
> new kickstart that did not include a 'swap' partition definition.
>
>   clearpart --all
>   part /boot --size 255 --fstype vfat --asprimary --label=boot
>   part / --size 2000 --fstype ext4 --label=rootfs
>
> If I add a small swap partition in the kickstart, it works.
>
> Is this the intended behavior?  Is there a way to create a target
> image that does not include a swap partition?

I'm assuming you are using --no-virt, right? This is a side-effect of
anaconda not normally being used directly on a buildhost. We might be
able to work around it, but really it is easier to just have a swapfile
in the kickstart, then it will be useful for virt or nonvirt methods.