syslog and kickstart files over network versus cdrom/floppy

Hi,

I've been playing with syslog support under both RHEL 5 and 6 with the following scenario:

- Installation based on a kickstart file
- Kickstart file contains syslog directive (logging --host=<host> --port=514 --level=debug)

If the kickstart file is delivered via the network (tested with HTTP), the syslog messages get generated just fine. But, if the kickstart file is delivered using a non-network mechanism (tested with a secondary cdrom and also with a floppy), the kickstart installation performs just the same, but without generating the syslog messages.

I've verified that networking is up during all installations, no matter the kickstart delivery method. Is this an unexpected behaviour?

IMHO the syslog messages should be generated as long as networking is up and the kickstart file has a directive commanding it to do so. This is exactly what happens under F17.

Thanks,
CR.